DIY iPhone cases under $2

DIY iphone caseDIY iphone covers

DIY iPhone cases are a necessity if you’re like me and get bored of things easily. I love to change out my phone case so this DIY iPhone case is borderline genius.  Basically, you can make any kind of design you want and put it in a clear case so you can change it as often as your little heart desires.

Supplies:

• Clear iPhone case (You can get a clear case from amazon for under $2. I got mine at JoAnn’s in a kit of some different backgrounds for around $10. They are much cheaper on Amazon. Oops.
  • scrapbook paper – You can get sheets for as little as 10-25 cents or use what you have.
  • embellishments (0ptional)
  • scissors or an exacto knife

Instructions:

Cut out a template. You can google your phone’s model and print it or you can just trace your actual phone.

trace

Use an exacto knife to cut out the hole for the camera on the back. (make sure you have the camera hole on the correct side before cutting. I totally made one and cut a hole on the wrong side the first time I did this. Oops!

cut out

Place your new paper cutout inside your clear case and enjoy!

diy cases

Oh my, they are so fun!

floral case

For the floral one, I used my Silhouette and cut out the “Um, that’s amazing.” wording and applied it to my paper cut out. It’s kind of my catch phrase.

papers

If you don’t hear from me for a while, I’m might be a little preoccupied with some pretty papers. *winks*

Mallory Bombshell Sig

Shop this project with text

Let's be besties!

Yay!!_250px

Heeey friend! Subscribe to join our tribe! We'll make sure you're up to date on all things Home and DIY!

xo, Mallory & Savannah

Powered by ConvertKit

Tenns @ New Mama Diaries
    November 13, 2013 at 1:02 am

Wow, what a great idea! I would have never thought of this. I can’t believe its so inexpensive to do. The best thing is that you can be as creative as you want to be. Definitely pinning!
    Tenns @ New Mama Diaries recently posted…NaBloPoMo | What’s In My FridgeMy Profile

Jackie
      January 6, 2015 at 1:45 pm

What kind of paper is this?

January 6, 2015 at 7:58 pm

Hi Jackie!

It’s just regular scrapbook paper / printed cardstock.

Thanks!

Grey
    November 13, 2013 at 9:49 pm

I like this. I think I might make it a gift for my daughter and include several different covers. Thanks!

Jenna
    November 17, 2013 at 7:21 am

Now that is amazing! So cute and what a great gift idea! Just in time for Christmas, too!
    Jenna recently posted…15 Great Christmas IdeasMy Profile

Molly
    November 20, 2013 at 9:15 am

These are really great. I JUST bought a clear case off Amazon, now that I’ve read your idea I think I’m going to pretty it up a bit 🙂 Thanks for linking up last week to the Lovely Ladies party, I wanted to let you know I’ve featured your case there this week!
    Check it out if you’d like- http://bit.ly/1atfsuh
    Have a great week,
    Molly from Just a Little Creativity
    Molly recently posted…Six Blogs- One Great Party! Lovely Ladies Linky Party #11 with Features!My Profile

Gautham
    December 1, 2013 at 9:22 pm

Great concept,

I love the idea of being any pattern we like in the case. Thanks for sharing
    Gautham recently posted…Gujarat Vidhyasahayak Bharti 2013 at ptcgujarat.orgMy Profile

Bothayna
    January 5, 2014 at 10:41 am

this is nice ad easy will share with you when i do it :))

dara
    February 22, 2014 at 8:50 pm

My daughter and I did a phone case cover like this for her senior prom. We put her prom dress on the scanner and printed off the swirling colors that were on the dress. Cut out the paper and used that in her phone case. Perfect matching phone and dress.

Lolly
    March 25, 2014 at 12:12 pm

What do you use to adhere it to the phone?

Menahil
    June 26, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Great idea!!

kishor
      August 7, 2014 at 9:37 am

Beatriz
    January 6, 2015 at 11:03 am

I love the idea. I think you could make some cool cases using scraps or samples of wall paper. I may be a little more thick, therefore, more durable.

susan
    January 6, 2015 at 12:24 pm

I have zopo zp1000s and i saw there and on ebay silicone case for this phone. Do you think i can use that? Also could you please look at it? Im on phone so i cant send the link of it

DIY iPhone Cases - My Life and Kids
    February 5, 2015 at 5:10 am

[…] 6. Paper Cover from Classy Clutter […]

Iphone 5c Cases Under $2 | Hot News
    May 20, 2015 at 5:04 pm

[…] DIY iPhone cases under $2 – Classy Clutter – DIY iPhone cases are a necessity if you’re like me and get bored of things easily. I love to change out my phone case so this DIY iPhone case is borderline genius…. […]

Taukeer Khan
    March 30, 2016 at 1:06 pm

What a great cover at reasonable price.
    I want this item to be shipped to India. 🙁
    Taukeer Khan recently posted…What is Consider For Auto Upgradation in IRCTC ?My Profile