Today we are going to show you how to make your own Coffee Filter Christmas Decor. We made the word JOY but you can do any word or shape you’d like! Fun huh?
- Poster Board
- Coffee Filters
- White School Glue
- A box knife or some wicked awesome scissors
- Overhead projector (optional)
- Transparency Film (optional)
1. First, print out your letters on a transparency film. If you aren’t using a projector, skip to step 3! You can draw the letters free hand if you’d like.
2. Using an overhead projector, trace your letters onto poster board. Again, you can free hand it if you want. A simple font should be easy to draw.
3. Using a box knife or sharp, sturdy scissors, carefully cut out your letters you traced on the poster board.
4. Now slather on some white school glue and get ready to add your coffee filters.
6. Apply the coffee filter to the glue and repeat a bunch of times until all of your letters or your shape is covered. This would make a super cute wreath too! You could jazz it up with ribbon, glitter, etc!
**This post was originally published at I Heart Nap Time on 11/8/2013.**
Let's be besties!
Heeey friend! Subscribe to join our tribe! We'll make sure you're up to date on all things Home and DIY!
xo, Mallory & Savannah