Gold Polka Dot Wall

Gold dot wall_sav

I love any good, and cheap decor idea. Then add gold to the mix and I am sold! I love that if you are renting, this is the perfect idea for inexpensive, removable wall decor!

IMG_0475

Let me tell you how I did it and the few things I would have done differently.

Materials:

61O0Kq5REUL._SL1000_

I started to cut out 2 inch circles then I changed my mind, although it could have been done I knew a much fast way to get the circles cut out perfectly. I used the Silhouette Cameo if you don’t have one already, you should ask Santa for one! It’s one of my all time favorite and most used craft tool! Believe me, its worth every penny.

Anyways, here are my images I created on the Silhouette software.

IMG_0295

I sent the contact paper through the machine and within a short time it was done.

IMG_0292

IMG_0296

IMG_0309

On my wall, I wanted the dots and some empty frames I had laying around the house and so I first hung all the frames then I started to place the dots.

IMG_0298

IMG_0310

The contact paper was not staying on the wall that great and so I used my debit card to help the dots stay better.

IMG_0325

IMG_0389

In only 15 minutes the whole wall was done!

IMG_0327

IMG_0328

This is what the corner of my dining area now looks like. I have made a few changes at my house and I am excited to share them with all of you. Stay tuned for my new house tour.

IMG_0452

IMG_0475

I am beyond happy with the way it turned out. I love a quick, cheap and easy project.

One of the things I would have done different is instead of contact paper, I would have used gold vinyl. You can make them yourself with this vinyl or even easier, purchase the pre-cut dots here! You can do this whole wall around $10!

Savannah_Sig

Amy
    October 3, 2013 at 6:23 pm

I love how the wall turned out. Great job. I also love your pendant light. Where is it from?

DIY Glittered Polka Dots and Mermaid Party Decor
    October 15, 2013 at 8:53 pm

[…] wish I would have done my Dot Wall with glittered dots instead of just gold dots. Lets be honest… I will have […]

Amy W
    December 6, 2013 at 10:18 pm

I. Love. This. Project! I just started following you on Bloglovin’ and keep finding post after post that I love. So excited to see what else you guys do!
    Amy W recently posted…December’s Front Door FridayMy Profile

Jamala
    December 25, 2013 at 1:05 am

This was a great idea!.. I love how the wall turned out..

Julia @ It's Always Ruetten
    December 27, 2013 at 8:34 pm

I.LOVE.IT! I just got myself a Silhouette Portrait so I may just have to do this! Found this at the Link Party Palooza!
    Julia @ It’s Always Ruetten recently posted…What I Read in… November & DecemberMy Profile

Courtney @ Crafts by Courtney
    January 4, 2014 at 11:11 pm

I love this!! It looks really great, I think you might have inspired me to do this in my house. Now I just have to find an area!! Glad I already have a Silhouette. Saw it on Link Party Palooza and had to stop by.

Oh by the way is your door mint? If looks fabulous!!
    Courtney @ Crafts by Courtney recently posted…Fun-to Make Edible Christmas Tree CraftMy Profile

January 4, 2014 at 11:21 pm

Hi Courtney!! Thanks for stopping by!! We’re so glad you did and hope you’ll come back often. You should totally do the polka dot wall! It is stunning in person!

Andrea Stallman
    January 8, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Bought a Kade Spade candle that is white with black dots and has a gold rim so the gold dots on the wall will be perfect in a bedroom! Really appreciate your creativity. What is your friend’s email or website in case I don’t have time to buy the vinyl and cut the circles out? Do I need more than one sheet of 12″ x 24″ vinyl?

Brooke Bryand
    January 10, 2014 at 8:59 am

I ADORE your wall – so precious! The link for the vinyl cut out shop only links to a JPG…can you send me the link to the store? Thank you!

Jamie koenig
    January 15, 2014 at 11:06 am

I’m a huge fan of gold and white. I love the gold dots and the white frames, its a one of a kind wall. I host a link up on Wednesdays and would love for you to share this with us.

Spotted: Polka Dotted Home Decor {Trend Watch!} | Making Lemonade
    February 4, 2014 at 12:29 am

[…] Frame wall with gold dots by Classy Clutter jazz up empty frames. […]

Beth Ann
    March 5, 2014 at 10:29 am

Cute! Question – the link for your friend’s etsy shop doesn’t work, it just goes to a jpg and not the shop. Can you update and provide a link to the etsy shop? I foresee a need in my future for these dots!!! 🙂 (Not sure where I am going to put them, but I MUST have them)

capturing joy with kristen duke
    May 21, 2014 at 9:18 am

FOUND it! Love this look!
    capturing joy with kristen duke recently posted…Father’s Day Gift Tag {You are the World}My Profile

Melissa French of HousePunkery
    June 8, 2014 at 10:48 pm

This came out so pretty, what a good idea!
    Melissa French of HousePunkery recently posted…27 Offbeat Father’s Day DIYs & CraftsMy Profile

kjb
    June 23, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Love the wall! I am in the process of doing this in my daughter’s bedroom. I found 2″ vinyl wall decals on Amazon for a really good price. It’s a good option if you don’t own a Cricut or Silhouette machine.

Tracy
    July 20, 2014 at 1:18 pm

I love the how you painted the frames! How did you get that vintage/ distress look?

5 awesome diy projects for your home
    February 24, 2015 at 1:34 am

[…] 5.) Gold Polka Dot Wall […]

Refresh Your Home With 47 DIY Home Decor Ideas And Crafts
    February 28, 2015 at 8:22 am

[…] 21.Photo display Gold Polka Dot Wall […]

Devin
    June 15, 2015 at 12:53 am

wow this looks amazing! do the contact paper dots just peel off? and would the vinly dots from the etsy link you posted peel off as well?

June 15, 2015 at 1:01 am

Hi!

Yes, the vinyl dots (on our Etsy Shop) would peel off really well. We haven’t removed the contact paper dots yet so we can’t attest to how easily they come off but the vinyl is a great option! We’ve used those in several areas in our homes. We’re both renters too! 🙂

Corinne
    February 19, 2016 at 3:50 pm

I absolutely love this!! I was just curious what color/brand paint you have on your walls? It looks so wonderful together!