But honestly, I’m not a grill master. I usually make my husband do the grilling. Well, last week my husband was working late and I had the most massive craving for a turkey burger. So I put on my big girl pants, stepped up to our grill and grilled up this bad boy. Doesn’t he look delish?! He has a savory homemade BBQ sauce tucked inside and slathered all over the top. He’s moist, juicy and best of all, easy to make.
Even though summer’s just about over, the weather is still nice outside! Don’t put your grill away just yet! Give this burger a chance, you won’t be disappointed! 🙂
Grilled Turkey Burger with Homemade BBQ Sauce
BBQ Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1.25 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup of the above BBQ sauce
- In a small pot over medium-low heat, combine garlic, ketchup, vinegar and soy sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, for about 8-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, using your hands, combine turkey, soy sauce, parsley and 1/4 cup of the cooked BBQ sauce. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Lightly oil the grill and place patties on it. Grill for about 5 minutes and flip over and grill about 4 minutes. Add cheese on top if desired. Slather each patty with leftover BBQ sauce and tuck it into a whole wheat bun. Enjoy!
Let's be besties!
Heeey friend! Subscribe to join our tribe! We'll make sure you're up to date on all things Home and DIY!
xo, Mallory & Savannah