DIY Instagram Photo Wall Display

I love Instagram… I love that I take more pictures of my family and I often take pictures of random things to post on Instagram. When I saw this from Shanty 2 chic and This from House of Smiths, I knew I need my own DIY Instagram photo wall display. I post almost all my favorite pictures on Instagram so I needed a great way to display them.  I got my photos printed from Persnickety Prints. I ordered 3×3 prints and I could not be happier with them!

instagram wall tutorial

Supplies:

4×8 sheathing cut down to size. I used 42″ wide by 60″ tall

1/2 boards for trim

jute

hanging hardware (I used D-rings from Home Depot)

paint & stain of your choice

tons of instagram photos

Instructions:

I bought one 4×8 foot sheet of sheathing from Home depot which is around $13. I also bought three 2×1 boards for the trim  I had the nice guys at home depot cut my sheathing 42in x 60in big and also had them cut my 1×2 boards to make the frame. I did not do anything fancy with the frame, the two longer sides went from the top to the bottom and the top and the bottom fit right between the two side pieces.

I put the trim right onto the board, nothing was hanging off, that way you can staple the trim right to the board. When I got home I cut tiny slits onto the board where I wanted to jute to go. That way the jute would be held into place and the pictures would not slide around. There was 6 and a 1/2 inches between each line of jute. I started the first line 5 inches from the top. Whatever size of board that you do just make sure the last line is high enough to fit a row of pictures. After all the slits were cut I painted my board a dark navy, and I stained my trim pieces with Jacobean Wood Stain after everything was dry I added the jute into the pre cut slits.

DSC_0398

DSC_0395

DSC_0390

DSC_0402

After all the string was in place I lined up the trim and stapled the string and the trim at the same time.

DSC_0408
DSC_0405

I used hardware from home depot to hang.

DSC_0414
I used Mallory’s Glittered Clothespins tutorial to add a little bling to the board.

DSC_0417
DSC_0396

Clip on your pictures and enjoy!

DSC_0446

I could not be more excited about this wall display. It was very easy and surprisingly a very fast project!

Instagram Wall Collage

If you like this,  pin it! Do you follow us on instagram? —>>  @classyclutter

Let's be besties!

Yay!!_250px

Heeey friend! Subscribe to join our tribe! We'll make sure you're up to date on all things Home and DIY!

xo, Mallory & Savannah

Powered by ConvertKit

Lisa {grey luster girl}
    August 9, 2013 at 9:52 pm

Love the vibe this gives. Pinning it now!

Julie
    August 10, 2013 at 4:53 pm

I love the look of this—all my cute pictures are Instagram! We would love for you to share at our fun Super Summer Saturday link up here: http://www.thechirpingmoms.com/2013/08/super-summer-saturday.html Thanks! Julie

Great Ideas -- 22 Ways to Dress Up Your Walls Part 2!
    August 11, 2013 at 2:18 am

[…] Instagram Photo Wall @ Classy Clutter […]

Bethany
    August 12, 2013 at 8:25 am

This is so cute! I love it! I have yet to print any of my Instagram pics, and I really want to now!

Andrea @ This Pug Life
    August 16, 2013 at 8:44 pm

I’m pinning this! I have always liked the look of photos hanging on string with clothespins… reminds me of developing pictures the old fashioned way. I think they work particularly well with the vintage-y feel of Instagram photos.
    Andrea @ This Pug Life recently posted…Insta-Friday #49My Profile

Home Coming
    August 19, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Such a cute idea! I’d love for you to link up to The DIY’ers. http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-diyers-and-our-country-weekend.html

laura@printing-instagram
    August 28, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Hey, this looks so cool! Its so awesome to see how people put effort into displaying their Instagram photos! I have been looking around for inspiration on how to be crafty with instagram photos for my own blog and this idea is perfect! thank you for sharing
    laura@printing-instagram recently posted…A Fun And Crafty Way to Use an Old FrameMy Profile

Michal
    December 27, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Can’t tell you how much I love this. I’ve been wanting to do something with my Instagram photos for awhile. Such a nice idea and the black really makes them pop. Thanks for sharing this. I found you via Link Party Palooza. 🙂 Happy New Year

December 27, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Thanks for stopping by Michal! So glad you like it! xoxo, Mallory & Savannah

Sara
    December 27, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Stopping by from Lil Luna. I love this idea. I really like that you can fit so many on this board. I have a lot of instagram pictures. Definitely pinning this. Thanks for sharing!
    Sara recently posted…Altered Nook HD+ CaseMy Profile

Paula
    December 29, 2013 at 2:01 pm

I absolutely love this idea! I was looking thru photos albums over Christmas and realized how much I missed real printed pictures!
    Paula recently posted…Valentine Pinterest RoundupMy Profile

Megan Peterson 4 The Home Depot
    May 2, 2014 at 10:21 am

What a great project! I’ve added a link to one of our pinboards. Check them out at Pinterest.com/Homedepot

-Megan Peterson 4 The Home Depot

DIY Canned Food Organizer Tutorial - Build your own!
    May 9, 2014 at 7:16 pm

[…] If you liked this, you’re gonna love these! How to spray paint furniture DIY Instagram Photo Wall Build your food storage for about $5 a […]

Kristine
    June 5, 2014 at 11:23 pm

Hi, just wondering how do you stop the photos from curling on the edges over time?

Kristin
    October 11, 2014 at 9:36 am

Love this! Making it this weekend! What size jute did you use and where did you get it??? Thanks!

Decore sua casa com fotos do instagram
    February 1, 2015 at 8:18 am

[…] criar o quadro, siga o tutorial que as duas fizeram no site fofucho delas! Eu sei que está em inglês, mas dá pra conseguir fazer […]

Redecorate Your Walls With Style-Creative DIY Wall Art
    March 14, 2015 at 1:46 pm

[…] 35.Instagram Photo Wall @ Classy Clutter […]

DIY Instagram Photo Wall Display - A Little Craft In Your DayA Little Craft In Your Day
    May 19, 2015 at 12:02 am

[…] Click here to view the full tutorial […]

judge
    July 29, 2015 at 5:51 pm

whats the link to print instagram photos