Colorful and Charming Teen Bedroom

This is my sister Sophie’s room. Sophie is in 8th grade now and a few months ago her room felt to young for her. Once upon a time this was a kid garden room but is now a perfect spot for her and her teenage friends to hang out.

I painted this cute desk for her and the knobs were found at Hobby Lobby.

The adorable 4 foot chalkboard I also made for her using some MDF and chalkboard paint.

(If you are in the AZ area I do custom make the chalkboards and sell them, if you are interested email me. classyclutter4@gmail.com)

The darling chair is another DIY project.

DSC_0004

The rug was found at Rugs USA

DSC_0015

Here is a better view of the entire room.

The bedding is from Pottery Barn Kids along with the dainty canvas pictures of the birds.

Sweet Dreams was made by my Nana and will forever be cherished.
DSC_0021

A few of the pillows are from the Nordstrom Home Department. The large one in the back was homemade and the polka dot one with the multi colored flowers is also homemade.
DSC_0019

The lamp shade was a normal shade but then strip of the fabric. The mirror was a find from Hobby Lobby.

DSC_0017

I love this chair. I wish I had a before picture. This 2 person chair had a dark brown fabric and my mom had it redone in this perfect grey linen and then tufted with the mis match of buttons I love it so much! So So much better.DSC_0024 The chandelier was also DIY, before the colors were pastels and dingy but after a little hand painting the colors now work perfectly in the space. The hooks are used to hang all of her necklaces. And a little tray to put a few odds and ends.

DSC_0006

This room makeover is now age appropriate even though a few of the things were used from her old room.

Adding brighter and more colorful colors in the room helped this room go from kid room with all the pastel colors to fun and an inviting teenage hangout.

Look around your house see what needs a little facelift with a little color.

If you like it, please spread the Love and PIN IT!

Teen Room

Savannah_Sig

Shop this project with text

Before you go...

Let's be besties!

Yay!! 250px

Heeey friend! Subscribe to join our tribe! We'll make sure you're up to date on all things Home and DIY!

xo, Mallory & Savannah

Powered by ConvertKit

Carol Hardin
    August 27, 2013 at 2:56 am

Wow…what a beautiful makeover you have done for this room. I am a mom of young girl named Eva and now I want to redecorate her room and for this I was searching for creative and beautiful ideas. And after seeing your post my eyes got really stunning. I found these beautiful makeover tips for my girly room. Thanks a lot for this inspiration.
    Carol Hardin recently posted…Our New Self Storage Site Opens in CanterburyMy Profile

Stephanie
    August 30, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Great room! I love the chalkboard and the pillows. The colors are great and it’s a nice mix of pieces and styles.
    Stephanie recently posted…Engagement Gift BasketMy Profile

Nat & Holly
    August 30, 2013 at 8:10 pm

This is such a fun, bright, beautiful room! (Can I move in?) I love how you repurposed some of the older items, and I am IN LOVE with that chair! What a lucky girl 🙂
    Nat & Holly recently posted…Using NEW Project Life Ledger CardsMy Profile

Great Ideas -- 21 Home Decor Projects!
    August 31, 2013 at 3:03 am

[…] Colorful & Charming Teen Bedroom @ Classy Clutter […]

Bonnie @ Uncommon Designs
    September 3, 2013 at 10:39 am

Love this! My 9th grade daughter would fall in love with this room. Love the huge chalkboard and all the colors and patterns! Perfect! Thanks for sharing! Bonnie @ Uncommon Designs
    Bonnie @ Uncommon Designs recently posted…A Framed and Stenciled Cork BoardMy Profile

Kayla @ Home Coming blog
    September 3, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Super cute! I’m hosting a candle giveaway that you should enter! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/09/fremont-candles-givewaway-20-for.html

Natalie Diaz
    October 4, 2013 at 3:34 am

Liked the teen’s bedroom a lot. The thing I like most is that you have compiled all the things that might be helpful to decorate a teen’s bedroom. Thanks a lot for such a nice write up.

DesDesiree @The36thAvenue
    January 10, 2014 at 7:24 pm

Adorable! I am featuring you girls tomorrow!
    DesDesiree @The36thAvenue recently posted…15 Kitchen Organization IdeasMy Profile

Liz
    January 10, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Such a sweet and fresh room, perfect for that age! I especially like the chandelier! Very creative. 🙂
    Liz recently posted…Dressier DresserMy Profile

Heather @ French Press
    January 10, 2014 at 11:32 pm

what a gorgeous new room!

suburbsmama
    January 11, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Gorgeous space! I love everything about it. That chair is gorgeous! If you get a chance, please link up to: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2014/01/sunday-linky-40.html
    suburbsmama recently posted…Sunday Linky #40My Profile

Cate
    May 22, 2014 at 11:10 am

Where did you find that darling bed??
    Thanks!!

Tiffany
    May 26, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Is that green desk from the 1970s French white from Sears that everyone had? That is my old furniture in my daughters room-how did you paint it or with what?

Calli
    July 21, 2014 at 8:47 am

I was wondering where the clock that sits on the desk is from I love to collect clocks

KWolff
    September 5, 2014 at 3:46 pm

How lovely! Your sister is a very lucky girl to have someone put so much thought and love in her space. I think it looks great. I can definitely see a young girl enjoy this room for years to come!

Karen
    October 25, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Love the collected feel of all the different pillows. Awesome job.
    Karen recently posted…Library choices- Miss NelsonMy Profile

Sarah
    March 30, 2015 at 11:46 am

Would love to know the name of the blue paint color on the walls.

Jae
    May 14, 2015 at 8:13 pm

Where is the bed from??? SO precious! I love it and I love it even more that you did it for your Sis ♥

Linda Richmond
    October 13, 2016 at 4:55 am

Everything in this room is so charming, but my favourite piece is the armchair – it looks like a cookie toy, so sweet and comfy ^ ^

Wine&Fire
    February 16, 2017 at 12:40 pm

Perfect look for out new B&B!