How to clean your microwave in under 5 minutes with one secret ingredient!

micro before and after.jpg.jpgCleaning a microwave is just plain annoying. I mean, let’s be honest, it’s way easier to just shut the door and pretend its not there. After all, no one can see inside!  Don’t tell me I’m alone in this? ;) Well, cleaning your microwave after your husband reheats refried beans (for way too long!) is SUPER annoying. They splattered all over the place… Not cool. He was planning on cleaning it when I told him not too worry about it, he figured I was up to something.

Then, I busted out my secret weapon.

vinegar.jpg.jpg

To clean your microwave:

Pour a glass of distilled white vinegar and place it in the dirty microwave for 2 minutes on high.

Once it’s done, let it sit in the microwave for about 5 minutes without opening the microwave door. The hot steamy vinegar basically dissolves all the yuck, food and gunk in there.

Then, take a wash cloth or paper towel and wipe clean! No scrubbing required! If you find that you need to scrub, simply repeat the process. Keep in mind, there were over cooked (nasty!) refried beans splattered all over mine and it wiped clean easily after one vinegar treatment!

You can thank me later.

clean microwave collage

If you liked this, pin it and share it with your friends and family! They’ll thank you for it. Pinky swear!

Do you have any awesome vinegar tips? I use it for cleaning really often!

Remember when I used it to clean my towels?

Happy cleaning!

Mallory_Sig

About Mallory & Savannah

Welcome to our blog! We’re so glad you’re here! We are Mallory and Savannah and we are the brains behind Classy Clutter, a one-stop-shop for all things creative. Classy Clutter keeps us connected from Arizona to New York. We hope you’ll enjoy our blog and come back often for inspiration, tips and tutorials. Thanks for stopping by!

10 Responses to How to clean your microwave in under 5 minutes with one secret ingredient!

1. mariafelicia says:

great post..thanks for sharing
    kisses

2. Tracey says:

I do this but with about a tablespoon of concentrated lemon juice in a 2 cup pyrex measuring cup. Nice lemony scent after instead of vinegary.

3. Stephanie R says:

You are my hero. I hate cleaning mine out because its such a pain in the butt!

4. Grey says:

Thank for this! I didn’t know to use vinegar, I have been using plain water. This will work so much better!

5. Melissa says:

And I thought I was the only one who had a husband that warms up refried beans and then watch them blow up in the microwave! lol Thank you very much for the great advice, I will be using it!

6. Stephanie R says:

Okay seriously, I thought you got a photo from inside my microwave! Im going to give this a try now!
    Stephanie R recently posted…Menu Plan Monday 6/24My Profile

7. Karen says:

Thanks for the tip. I tried this and unfortunately this didn’t work at all for me. I was tempted to do a longer time, but was worried about how the vinegar would react to being so hot. I ended up using good ol elbow grease.

• Oh no! So sorry it didn’t work for you! Did you leave it to steam for 5 minutes after the microwave stopped? I just did this on Monday with no problems. I used a clear glass bowl, not sure if that makes a difference or not. Thanks so much for reading!