The Perfect Mint Color and Herringbone Desk

perfect mint desk

I found this desk and I wanted to cry!!!!! Like seriously, I was sooo beyond excited about it! I knew I wanted to do something different, fun and cool with it. My client Sara was having me paint a kitchen table and chair for her and she picked the color mint! I found the MOST AMAZING color of mint and as soon as I started to paint her chairs I knew it was the perfect color for my new desk.

See what I mean about the perfect Mint Color

Here are the Desk Before Pictures

And here are the After Pictures

This color was a little bit of a trial and error I must be honest… This is what happened…

Also I am super excited about this new paint line by Behr Paint which you can find at Home Depot.

Seriously Obsessed with it! It has the hard finish like an oil based paint would have but its water based. It has an amazing finish. Very professorial looking. I love it for my desk, my clients kitchen table and this weekend I will be painting all my bedroom furniture with it. I think it will be better for my high traffic pieces. Its a little more expensive then normal paint but I feel like I had to do less coats and it took less time when I use this paint. You don’t thin this paint which is nice. I used it through my sprayer and it worked like a dream. This product is a semi-gloss finish, but I really do think it will stand the test of time.

*I am no way paid by telling you about this product, I tell you because I really do love it this much*

Before I even started to paint the desk I sanded the top down using a 60 grit sand paper.

After sanding it I taped it off and then I primed it using Kiltz Prime Latex 2, which I also put through my spray gun .

PicMonkey Collage 1DSC_0476

Please Feel Free to Pin!

May 16, 2013 at 6:14 pm

LOVE the color and LOVE the desk!

May 16, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Wow! I love this, especially the colors that you chose.

Gabbi @ Retro Ranch Reno
    May 16, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Absolutely AMAZINGGGGGG!!!! I’m beyond in love with the color and top of your desk. And I’m ecstatic that Behr came out with that new paint! I do so much furniture painting…I really think it will come in handy!! Woohooo! 🙂

May 16, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Love the color with the herringbone.

May 16, 2013 at 10:56 pm

I LOVE the desk, and thank you for the color recommendation. I have a project with some dining room chairs I am redoing, and I want a color JUST like what you used. I was worried, because it’s hard to get both the picture of how a color looks AND the name of the paint, so thank you!! Great job, and I think I’ll be trying that new paint base, glad to know it works in a sprayer, I just bought one and can’t WAIT to try it out.

Krista @thehappyhousie
    May 17, 2013 at 12:32 am

It is amazing! I love the colour and the herringbone top is so unusual and beautiful! Great project, I will pin!!

Miranda @ Someday Crafts
    May 17, 2013 at 2:06 am

GORGEOUS!!! It’s so unique and charming! We’ll be featuring this over at Someday Crafts tomorrow, so come on over if you have a minute!

May 17, 2013 at 8:59 am

I love it!

Alexis @ Persia Lou
    May 17, 2013 at 8:30 pm

I love this so much! The top of the desk is so beautiful and framed perfectly by the color you chose. LOVE IT.

May 18, 2013 at 12:27 am

I love this!!!!!!! What brand of Sprayer did you use? Do you have a link for it? I have never used one but heard you get what you pay for when it comes to good tools.

I love this desk…awesome paint job

Renee Kern
    May 20, 2013 at 9:42 am

Love it, love Behr paint!!! I have some furniture in need of painting. I was going to try the diy chalk paints, but might go in this direction instead. Did you have to sand the furniture to paint it?

Stacey Cartwright
    May 20, 2013 at 4:54 pm

LURV!!! This desk is Gorg! I have been looking for one similar for-ev-er. You did a fabulous job It’s so fresh.

Another Before and After
    May 23, 2013 at 7:05 am

[…] is ever permanent which is fun and excited! Like My Desk I had a desk that I liked but now I have found something I LOVE with all my […]

May 31, 2013 at 7:15 am

Oh wow! This is gorgeous all over – the color! That herringbone top! It is perfection!

How to paint over stripes + my hallway makeover
    August 27, 2013 at 7:24 pm

[…] do you think about my new minty hallway!? I used Savannah’s perfect mint color but a little lighter.  (Somewhere in between Behr’s Tropical Dream and Canton Jade […]

Sunny Yellow Striped School Desk
    October 19, 2013 at 11:13 pm

July 1, 2015 at 6:41 pm

I was wondering how well the paint on this table has held up. I have been debating on painting my kitchen cabinets with this particular Behr paint. Unfortunately I cant find any reviews 🙁 TIA

July 2, 2015 at 10:42 pm

Hi Megan!

It’s held up really well but we’re actually in the middle of doing a makeover on it! haha! We definitely recommend in investing in Behr Marquee paint. It’s the only paint on the market that guarantees one coat full coverage and even the Flat sheen is scrubbable! A must for furniture makeovers! Hope that helps! xo