The Perfect Mint Color and Herringbone Desk

I found this desk and I wanted to cry!!!!! Like seriously, I was sooo beyond excited about it! I knew I wanted to do something different, fun and cool with it. My client Sara was having me paint a kitchen table and chair for her and she picked the color mint! I found the MOST AMAZING color of mint and as soon as I started to paint her chairs I knew it was the perfect color for my new desk.

DSC_0461

See what I mean about the perfect Mint Color

Here are the Desk Before Pictures

IMG_9476

And here are the After Pictures

DSC_0476

DSC_0455

This color was a little bit of a trial and error I must be honest… This is what happened…

IMG_9504

Also I am super excited about this new paint line by Behr Paint which you can find at Home Depot.

Its the new ALKYD SEMI-GLOSS ENAMEL.

Seriously Obsessed with it! It has the hard finish like an oil based paint would have but its water based. It has an amazing finish. Very professorial looking. I love it for my desk, my clients kitchen table and this weekend I will be painting all my bedroom furniture with it. I think it will be better for my high traffic pieces. Its a little more expensive then normal paint but I feel like I had to do less coats and it took less time when I use this paint. You don’t thin this paint which is nice. I used it through my sprayer and it worked like a dream. This product is a semi-gloss finish, but I really do think it will stand the test of time.

*I am no way paid by telling you about this product, I tell you because I really do love it this much*

DSC_0398

Before I even started to paint the desk I sanded the top down using a 60 grit sand paper.

IMG_9540

After sanding it I taped it off and then I primed it using Kiltz Prime Latex 2, which I also put through my spray gun .

DSC_0449

PicMonkey Collage 1DSC_0476

AMAZING! RIGHT?!?!?!?

Please Feel Free to Pin!

Love,

Savannah

About Mallory & Savannah

Welcome to our blog! We’re so glad you’re here! We are Mallory and Savannah and we are the brains behind Classy Clutter, a one-stop-shop for all things creative. Classy Clutter keeps us connected from Arizona to New York. We hope you’ll enjoy our blog and come back often for inspiration, tips and tutorials. Thanks for stopping by!

16 Responses to The Perfect Mint Color and Herringbone Desk

1. Jen says:

LOVE the color and LOVE the desk!

2. Stephanie says:

Wow! I love this, especially the colors that you chose.

3. Absolutely AMAZINGGGGGG!!!! I’m beyond in love with the color and top of your desk. And I’m ecstatic that Behr came out with that new paint! I do so much furniture painting…I really think it will come in handy!! Woohooo! :)

4. Danielle says:

Love the color with the herringbone.

5. Samantha says:

I LOVE the desk, and thank you for the color recommendation. I have a project with some dining room chairs I am redoing, and I want a color JUST like what you used. I was worried, because it’s hard to get both the picture of how a color looks AND the name of the paint, so thank you!! Great job, and I think I’ll be trying that new paint base, glad to know it works in a sprayer, I just bought one and can’t WAIT to try it out.

6. It is amazing! I love the colour and the herringbone top is so unusual and beautiful! Great project, I will pin!!

7. GORGEOUS!!! It’s so unique and charming! We’ll be featuring this over at Someday Crafts tomorrow, so come on over if you have a minute!

8. I love this so much! The top of the desk is so beautiful and framed perfectly by the color you chose. LOVE IT.

9. CHRIS WOOTEN says:

I love this!!!!!!! What brand of Sprayer did you use? Do you have a link for it? I have never used one but heard you get what you pay for when it comes to good tools.

I love this desk…awesome paint job

chris@iwooten.com

10. Renee Kern says:

Love it, love Behr paint!!! I have some furniture in need of painting. I was going to try the diy chalk paints, but might go in this direction instead. Did you have to sand the furniture to paint it?

11. LURV!!! This desk is Gorg! I have been looking for one similar for-ev-er. You did a fabulous job It’s so fresh.

12. Pingback: Another Before and After

13. Rhonda says:

Oh wow! This is gorgeous all over – the color! That herringbone top! It is perfection!

14. Pingback: How to paint over stripes + my hallway makeover