Union Jack Coffee Table Makeover

My Friend Jade from Finders Keepers Blog had a client that wanted to do something new and fresh to her coffee table. She loved the Union Jack so that’s where I came in. The table was painted white
then turned onto its side. I printed off the Union Jake on to a transparencies paper and using my Projector we projected the image onto the table.
Using a pencil, (not a pen because paint will not cover it) We traced the flag onto the table.
We decided to use a grey, blue and white color scheme. Before the paint dried we took a pencil and went over the lines so that the paint looked chipped.
Then lightly sanded it
It was still not “old looking” enough for us so we took the grey paint and add water to it and did a light white wash over the table. We brushed it on then lightly rubbed it off with a cloth.
I LOVE the look!!!!
It turned out even better then I could have imagined!
If you still don’t have a projector now is the time to get one!
If you are looking for a new cookbook. A great family friend of ours has a new cookbook out.
Her name is Allison Wood it’s a perfect cookbook full of yummy recipes that are great for any family!
you can Order Here!
Have a Great Weekend!

Grey
    March 28, 2013 at 10:22 pm

I enjoy pictorials. Nice job and colorway on your piece.

srpprcrftr
    March 29, 2013 at 4:42 am

You make it look so easy, great job, love the light colors you used. What a difference it made on how the table presents it’s personality now.
    Happy Easter and spring

My name is Rita
    March 29, 2013 at 7:44 am

Love this! the subtle colors are refreshing. I am having a linky party on sunday (starts on saturday at 6pm) please come and link this up. http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/

Rainheart
    March 29, 2013 at 8:01 pm

LOVE IT and now I know how I will use my ‘new’ OLD school projector finally scored at a local thrift store! I could have use it when I have a table to go with this small union Jack milk stool: http://rainheartdaze.blogspot.com/2013/02/queen-silhouette.html

Twice Nice
    March 29, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Love the color choices! Turned out gorgeous! And I just stumbled on a working projector for future projects.

Patti@OldThingsNew
    March 30, 2013 at 2:20 am

This is beautiful. I love the colors and the perfect amount of distressing. Lovely job! Blessings, Patti

Tanya Runkle