2. Crafts or “busy” work for other kidsIf you have other kids, stock up on crayons and coloring books packed in their bags when they stayed with family (while I was in the hospital) and I took some to the hospital in my bag so when they came to visit they had something fun to do.
7. Paper products. Toilet paper, paper plates and plastic cups.Disposables are so much easier to deal with than dishes in the first few weeks until you feel up to it.
There are a ton of great brands of little bean beds but his one can be purchased HERE.
9. Swaddle blankets by Aden and Anais Found Here or at Target. They are so soft andswaddle really well! These are my favorite blankets EVER! They are big and they are a perfect cover when nursing!
10. Button down pjs for Mommy. I got button down Victoria Secret Cotton pjs for Christmas and these are the bestpjs ever! Worth every penny. Button Downpjs are the best thing for nursing and are great when you don’t want to wear a bra.
11. Meals from others and/or Freezer Meals
12. Stuff for newborn pictures Hats, Bow ties, blankets, headbands, backdrops, outfits etc. Try to find props or matching outfits for siblings too! Love these pictures that were done by Tyson French at tysonfrenchphoto.blogspot.com Love his style and if you live in Arizona I would totally recommended him! I have some pretty cute kids if I do say so myself !
13. New movies or tv series to watch or a good book. Netflix is a new mom’s best friend! I did not have a ton of time to sit around but this came in handy during the late night feedings.
14. Other kids schedule worked out/written down. My two older girls went back and forth between babysitters, family members and my husband. I had carpools all worked out, I drove a few extra times the weeks before I had the baby and I had extra help from family and friends so I did not have to drive anyone the first 2 weeks ofmy babies life.The schedule was on the fridge and in the bag that was packed for them. That way it stayed as normal as possible for them. It was nice for me when I got home to have it on the fridge because I was too tired to think about anything!
15. Other kids clothes picked out/ laid out for a few days. In my case I had a bag packed for them. I went into labor at night and so I was happy to know that whoever came to watch my kids would be all set to take them somewhere and I knew I would be at the hospital for a few days and I knew my kids would come visit and I would want to take pictures so having cute/ matching outfits was a must! (My girls hair was done by my hubby and it looked like a hot mess so if you crazy like me, have your hubby practice hair ahead of time) I had about a weeks worth of clothes laid out and ready. It was nice to have outfits ready, it made the week I came home easier. I am so glad I did this… My kids would have looked homeless if I would have had my husband pack their bags.
16. Lots of diapers, wipes, bath soap, formula, bottles, pacifiers, nail clippers etc. I did not want to have to go to the store for stuff I knew I needed a head of time.