With this year’s cold and flu outbreak, it is more important than ever to safe guard your family from these illnesses. I’ve come up with a few super easy tips to help protect your family this and every cold and flu season.
- Vaccinate – I know that vaccines are totally a personal choice, however, vaccinating you and your family is the easiest way to prevent the seasonal flu in your home. Most drug stores will do them without an appointment or your family doctor will be happy to give you info regarding the vaccines.
- Wash hands frequently: Use an antibacterial soap and warm water and wash your hands for 20-30 seconds. I also keep hand sanitizer in a few areas in my home for quick washes.
- Disinfect germ hotspots: Door knobs, light switches, cupboard handles and pulls, remote controls, faucets, etc are hot spots for germs to accumulate. I love to use Clorox¨ Clean up Cleaner with Bleach and a few paper towels.
- If you have a cough, do the “elbow cough”. Teach your little ones to cough into their elbow as to keep hands as clean and germ free as possible.
- Eat right! No brainer right? Put only good foods into your body so your immune system stays ready to fight!
- Drink plenty of water. While this is always a good idea, staying hydrated is super important for your body to stay strong. Drink even more if you’re feeling under the weather!
- Exercise – Exercise is always a good way to keep you body healthy and ready to battle any illnesses that may come your way.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth as these are pathways that can put harmful germs right into your system! Touching your eyes, nose and mouth with germy hands is one of the fastest ways to spread germs! YUCK!
- For the kiddos, disinfect toys and play items frequently. Germs that cause the flu can stay alive and active for up to 72 hours on most surfaces! I like to use Clorox Disinfecting Wipes on toys and play areas. Some toys are even dishwasher safe which is another way to disinfect them.
- Disinfect your car – Let’s face it. Tons of germs are coming in and out of your car on a daily basis. I keep Clorox Disinfecting Wipes in my car and I wipe down my steering wheel, door handles, seat buckles, etc whenever I’m thinking about it. If you’re pumping gas, that may be a good time to do a quick wipe down.
- *Use as directed
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- a. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- b. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- c. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- d. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 1/24-2/28
Be sure to visit the sponsor’s brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!
Let's be besties!
Heeey friend! Subscribe to join our tribe! We'll make sure you're up to date on all things Home and DIY!
xo, Mallory & Savannah