Well Fall is in full swing! It’s nice and cool/cold in most areas and the leaves have changed and fallen! I already completed my Fall Mantel but I wanted to make just one more thing to remind us to “Give Thanks” since that is really what Thanksgiving is all about. This is a super easy and quick craft and I think it adds the perfect touch to any mantel, shelf or it would even be perfect on your Thanksgiving dinner table!
Here’s how it’s done:
1. I had a piece of 1″x6″x5′ board I purchased from Home Depot a while ago. I measured 26″ long and marked the wood.
2. Next, I took my jigsaw and cut the board on my marking. If you don’t have a jigsaw, Lowe’s and Home Depot will cut wood for you if purchase it in their store. I got my jigsaw at Walmart for around $20 and I love that I have it on hand for quick cuts like this.
3. Then, I painted the board with Folkart Gold Metallic paint with a sponge brush.
4. I used my Silhouette to cut out the “Give Thanks” vinyl decal. If you do not have a vinyl machine, you can purchase the “Give Thanks” vinyl from my shop, here.
5. Finally, apply your vinyl once your paint has dried! DONE! Told ya, easy huh!?
You can learn how to make the ruffled burlap garland here.