The evolution of a little bench!

This little bench of mine was a craigslist find. I knew I needed a bench for this awkward height window in my living room because nothing else would fit there and it would look awkward as an empty space.

I picked it up last year and it looked like this…
I loved the swirly iron and I knew I could recover the seat cushion. I got some fabric from Hobby Lobby and stapled it over the existing fabric. It then sat like this for a few months…
 Later, I decided I wanted a richer looking fabric so I tufted the bench and used some really pretty yellow satin embroidered fabric. I liked it a lot. I realized I don’t have a photo of it since I didn’t share the bench redo when I tufted and reupholstered it. You can kind of see it here..
Then, madness struck home and I decided I needed more of my favorite colors and patterns in the living room after I refinished the wood floors.
I sprayed it Rustoleum metallic gold and reupholstered it with some navy and white fabric from Joann’s with a coupon. Here it is now!
Whew! I love it! I am really getting excited about this room but I’m still struggling a bit with artwork above my couch. Any ideas anyone?
How do you like it?!

Let's be besties!

Yay!!_250px

Heeey friend! Subscribe to join our tribe! We'll make sure you're up to date on all things Home and DIY!

xo, Mallory & Savannah

Powered by ConvertKit

accomplishedbyaccident
    September 18, 2012 at 1:11 pm

I love the new look; it is definitely the best, and complements the other bright colors the best. Good job!

Our Wired Lives
    September 18, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Oh yes, very chic and modern now! Great work.

bethandbill
    September 18, 2012 at 2:27 pm

OH it came out so pretty! LOVE the navy in contrast to the coral too! and the gold tone! I audibly sighed when I saw this. Came out beautiful! Great work!

Sara Pliske
    September 18, 2012 at 4:38 pm

OMGosh I would have never thought to paint this bench gold! But it is adorable!! Great idea 🙂 You have inspired me to get out the gold paint 🙂

Blessings – Sara

Jen Jensen
    September 18, 2012 at 10:32 pm

I love the last look! The gold and navy look fabulous together.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper
    September 19, 2012 at 12:53 am

i love navy and gold at the moment, and i am loving this!!! looks perfect!

Nova
    September 19, 2012 at 1:18 am

love it!!! beautiful!

Stacia Liechty
    September 19, 2012 at 2:49 am

Perfect color combo. I am usually not a gold kind of a girl, but I am ADORING your bench in its most recent state. I feel like I’m in Athens, looks totally Greek! Nice work!
    Stacia@http://feathersandsunshine.blogspot.com

Svietka Riv
    September 19, 2012 at 9:06 am

gold and blue is a perfect combo-i love yo blog btw:)
    i live overseas and let me tell u=taste is something very very cultural but even with that said i would still like to advise u on art(i have an art boutique:))
    your living room now is very original and very personal-it has one of a kind pieces and so much of it is hand-remade. Hence, the art needs to be very bold and not cookie cutter one either. U might want to make your own pieces or hook up with some artists u like and order specialty made pieces or try etsy-they have a never ending supply of originality. All i ask is, plz plz plz stay away from posters and generic made crap-it would make your original room into another standard place

Anna Smith
    September 20, 2012 at 4:04 am

I love the fact that you are not afraid to try something new and change something if it isn’t working. Sometimes I get so worked up over a project because I am worried I won’t like it. But I just need to remember that I can always redo it!

Carissa Rasmussen
    September 20, 2012 at 4:28 pm

wow I can’t wait to look at joann’s for the imperial trellis knock off. Love gold and navy-it definitely is my fave of the three makeovers

Comeca Jones
    September 21, 2012 at 7:55 am

I love the new look!

Sherika Alston
    September 22, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Love, love, LOVE the new look!!

Sherika Alston
    September 22, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Love, love, LOVE the new look!!

Lawrita Bennett Sleepe
    September 23, 2012 at 1:57 am

Love the room! As far as artwork, I would suggest pick up a couple of blank canvasEs, craft paint of one or more color(s) and just play. The abstract, one of a kind look will be icing on the cake!

Lawrita Bennett Sleepe
    September 23, 2012 at 1:59 am

Barbara Hiatt
    September 24, 2012 at 6:01 am

I love it!! This is the best transformation by far! Gold is so popular now and it looks great in the living room! Thanks for sharing this at Keep Calm and Link Up! I’d go rustic over the couch, just to contrast the shiny gold!

Barbara at Chase the Star
    chasethestar dot com

The Davis Diary
    October 8, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I love this room!!! You can just redo your lamp shades, spray adhesive and fabric!!