Feather Boa Halloween Wreath

Today I want to show you how to make a super fun and fluffy Halloween wreath! It’s super easy and literally took me 5-10 total to make it! You can do it for pretty cheap too!

You will need:

• 2-6ft feather boas
  • Black duct tape
  • A spool of ribbon for your bow if you want one
  • Wreath form or $1 pool noodle
First, a took my pool noodle and taped the ends together to create my $1 wreath form.
Next, take your black duct tape and wrap it around the whole noodle so you don’t see orange peeking through when you add the feather boa.
Once it’s all covered, start wrapping your feather boa around the outside. It took 2 boas to cover the whole thing but I could’ve even used 3 for a fuller look. 2 saves money and still works really well.
Finally, tie a pretty bow and attach it to the wreath form. I used black cord I had lying around to attach it.
Voila! DONE! See, told ya, so easy!
If you know me at all, you aren’t surprised that I chose the black boa with the shiny silver tinsel in. I thought it looked more spooky and glitzy and I love glitzy!
I was so excited when my hubby came home and said, “Where did you get that wreath?” I told him I made it and he said “No way, that’s awesome!” hehe! Love that man!
I added the bats and this little vinyl decal I made to the door too!
What do you think!? So fun right?! Are you excited for Halloween?
For more Halloween ideas, click here.

”Tip

Alexa
    September 25, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Love this!! Do you have a post on how to make a ribbon bow like that?

Angel
    September 25, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Super cute! I am doing this.

erica[goodjobmomma]
    September 25, 2012 at 8:33 pm

so cute! way easy.

Just Squirrelly
    September 25, 2012 at 9:56 pm

How did you make the vinyl decal? And do you use Silhouette or Cricut? It seems you have Silhouette – can you say why you went that direction over Cricut? Sorry, I am debating these two and trying to understand the differences and why people prefer one over the other or if they are even comparable.

All About Me!
      September 27, 2012 at 2:10 pm

I’ve had both and I love my Cameo so much more. It cuts intricate details better than my cricut ever could. I just cut a quote for my coffee table with very thin letters and didn’t have any trouble. Cutter settings are easier as the screen tells you what depth and speed to use (Cricut didn’t). Also get a free shape a week and can buy other shapes for as low as $1 each (as opposed to having to buy a $40-$80 cartridge with Cricut). I can also cut any free font (Can only do with Cricut if you have SCAL software which is no longer available for the Cricut). I’ll be posting a picture of my coffee table quote on my blog in the next couple of weeks if you want to see it (asprinkleofthis.blogspot.com)

Nicku
    September 26, 2012 at 4:27 am

Glitzy?! LOL honey boo boo! I love this wreath, I am for sure making one!

Sara Pliske
    September 26, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Mallory – this is so clever and looks like a very easy, very quick project! LOVE that!! I am going to make one…with my daughter 🙂 great mother/daughter project!! She is crafty, but her time is limited…so this will be perfect!

Many Blessings – Sara

the poor sophisticate
    September 27, 2012 at 5:06 am

I am so in Love with this!!

Homa Style
    September 27, 2012 at 10:04 pm

So Great!!!
    A boa…my little niece would love it too!
    I would love to invite you to Homa Style’s No Orange Autumn Display Link Party going on now.
    Here’s the link…
    Hope to see your creation there!

Dave and Briste
    September 29, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Love it! Where did u get the boa? Thanks!

Briste

Crafty Mischief
    October 3, 2012 at 6:42 am

What a great wreath! I love the boa!

Andrea @ This Pug Life
    October 9, 2012 at 1:06 am

I need more doors. I already made a tulle wreath for Halloween but I need feathers too!

Mariel
    October 9, 2012 at 3:53 am

That might be my new favorite Halloween wreath, I love it! I would love to have you stop by ‘Or so she says…’ and share some of your great ideas at the link party, going on right now (every Sat-Tues). Hope to see you there! http://www.oneshetwoshe.com

city
    October 9, 2012 at 4:53 am

thanks for sharing.

Carolyn
    October 26, 2012 at 1:54 am

I have a special Halloween spotlight running today and I’ve featured your project.
    Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creation at homework.

7 Spooky & Sweet Halloween Wreaths
    October 3, 2013 at 6:09 am

[…] 1. Feather Boa Halloween Wreath from Classy Clutter 2. Coffee Filter Halloween Wreath from Lil’Luna 3. Halloween Rag Wreath from Juggling Act Mama 4. DIY Halloween Wreath from Handmade Grace 5. Nevermore Halloween Wreath from Create. Craft. Love. 6. Straw Wreath and Banner from Sarah Dawn Designs 7. Ribbon Halloween Wreath from Sugar Lemons […]

Lizbeth Chiapetto
    December 19, 2014 at 8:55 am

It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d without a doubt donate to this excellent blog! I suppose for now i’ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to brand new updates and will talk about this website with my Facebook group. Chat soon!