I’m not going to pretend to be a great baker because, well, I’m not one! I can make some killer chorizo tacos and some other family favorites but I’m not the greatest cook. I’m not bad but I envy those who are talented in the kitchen because it truly is a talent. Like I can follow a recipe just fine but I’ll just put myself in the “normal mom-cook category.” Please tell me I’m in good company… 🙂
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 1/2 – 4 cups of flour
1/2 cup baking soda
3 cups hot water
Your choice of toppings:
Garlic Powder or whatever you want! I’ve even seen pizza pretzels!
1. Preheat oven to 450°F
2. Dissolve yeast into warm water
3. And sugar and flour and mix well.
4. Let rise for at least 20 minutes (until dough has doubled in size)
5. Cut into long “ropes”.
6. Shape into pretzel shape! I even found this Auntie Anne’s video to help you learn how the pros at Auntie Anne’s twist those perfect pretzel knots! This one seemed a bit advanced when I first started but then I got the hang of it! This video is more for beginners and worked wonderfully.
7. Combine dipping solution ingredients in a shallow dish and dip pretzel shaped dough into solution.
8. Place pretzel dough shapes on well greased cookies sheet.
9. Bake at 450°F for 7-8 minutes. Baking time may vary depending on your oven.
10. After baking, dip or brush on melted butter and add your favorite topping! I did cinnamon/sugar!