Painted Cabinets and my kitchen makeover

Classy Clutter Kitchen 2
My kitchen is done!!! It’s basically a miracle that I can even say that. It took me 6 months to finish and I didn’t do any major renovations. All I did was painted and accessorized! I LOVE how the white brightens up the space! I kinda love it! πŸ™‚
Before
The cabinets were sanded, primed and painted Behr’s Swiss Coffee.
I made the faux roman shade for above the sink to match the dining room chairs. My friend gave me the fabric when I helped her make new curtains for her kitchen. I knew her old fabric would work perfectly!
I used this tutorial and added the ribbon for trim and hung it right up. I really love how it turned out.

Here’s an up close shot of the cabinets. I used Krylon’s Oil Rubbed Bronze for the hardware. To find out how to paint hardware the right way, check out my tutorial here.

Check out my other kitchen posts:
The best part is, my landlord loves it! I was super nervous about tackling such a big project when it’s not myΒ house! But I love it and she loves it! Win win! What do you think? Don’t you think the white makes it brighter!? The whole room feels bigger to me!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper
    March 6, 2012 at 1:18 pm

they look so light and bright! great job! i love teh splashes of blue in there and those fun curtains, too!

Anne
    March 6, 2012 at 1:27 pm

What a lovely job you did!

Mike, Kalie, Jason, Lexie and Colden
    March 6, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Holy cow!!! It looks amazing!

Between Blue and Yellow
    March 6, 2012 at 2:12 pm

It looks beautiful! I know exactly how you feel, I’m in the middle of painting my cabinets right now, except I have about 50! About to go a little bit insane…Check out my progress

Jill
    March 6, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I can’t believe the difference it makes! It looks like a completely different house! I love it! I wish our landlord would let us paint the cabinets – they look the same as your before pic. Wonderful job!

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

Sarah
    March 6, 2012 at 2:43 pm

It looks fabulous!! So clean and fresh! Great work!! -Sarah

Cynthia
    March 6, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Oh my it looks lovely! Reading that it took 6 months makes me not feel so bad about how long it’s taking to do my kitchen! And… your burlap curtains are darling! Love them!

Natalie
    March 6, 2012 at 3:59 pm

LOVE how it turned out!

Laura@Elegant Nest
    March 6, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Looks great Mallory! So fresh and bright…I love white cabinets too!

Jess
    March 6, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Um, your kitchen looks amazing. I can’t believe what a HUGE difference that made. πŸ™‚

Katie @ Wildwood Creek
    March 6, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Simply beautiful! Love the white cabinets.

Jen
    March 6, 2012 at 8:00 pm

love our bright & clean everything is! Great Job!

Diane
    March 6, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Cute! I have a question about your extra cabinet to the right of your sink. Do you feel cramped working in that little nook? Ivebeen thinking of adding a section like that because I don’t have much countertop space, but my daughter keeps telling me that it will make it too cramped.

PitterAndGlink
    March 6, 2012 at 10:11 pm

It looks fabulous! πŸ™‚

Allyson
    March 6, 2012 at 10:33 pm

I love it! (and I’m still loving the bows on the curtains!)

Allyson

kandis
    March 7, 2012 at 1:50 am

one more time for the record I LOVE IT!!!

Sugarr2518
    March 7, 2012 at 2:14 am

The kitchen looks like a whole different one! Everything looks great. I especially LOVE those curtains:) They are really just too cute with those ruffles:):)

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles
    March 7, 2012 at 2:37 am

You did a great job on the cabinets- I love the color! It’s amazing how much lighter and brighter it looks now. The touches of blue are lovely. πŸ™‚

Something Nice and Pretty
    March 7, 2012 at 4:17 am

Wonderful job on your kitchen cabinets, we did ours and just added beadboard to the sides of the cabinets. I’m following you on Linky Follower and GFC, stop by to take a look at my kitchen:)

.:Heather:.
    March 7, 2012 at 4:27 am

Your kitchen looks FAB! πŸ™‚ I especially love the window treatments! πŸ™‚ SO VERY CUTE! Love the ruffles!!!

Caroline
    March 7, 2012 at 4:44 am

I really love posts that prove that you can redo a room affordably and make it look like you spent a pretty penny on it! The paint and accessories make the room look amazing and bring everything you didn’t redo look like you purposefully picked them out yourself (ie. the backsplash, countertop). Thanks so much for sharing this inspiring project!

Ashton
    March 7, 2012 at 4:49 am

I really love it!! It looks like a completely different kitchen!! Not to be a downer, but where’s your microwave? I couldn’t live without mine…

Shasta @ intheoldroad
    March 7, 2012 at 6:27 am

Wow, what a difference. It looks so fresh and clean! I saw your link at the power of paint party.

Feral Turtle
    March 7, 2012 at 2:29 pm

You kitchen transformation is a work of art. What a big change. I wouldn’t even want to cook in there cuz it’s so pretty. ( you’re probably thinking that girl would use any excuse not to cook ) True, but it really is a big improvement! Good Job! I am your newest follower!

Ashley
    March 7, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Wow! Beautiful transformation! My kitchen cabinets, all the trim , and the doors in our house are painted with The swiss Coffee. I love it!

Iβ™₯naptime w/ Chocolate Sundaes
    March 8, 2012 at 4:38 am

Looks AMAZING!! I love what a can of white paint can do! So fun!!

Jill ~ Jillify It
    March 9, 2012 at 2:48 am

Love your kitchen makeover!! It’s so bright & cheery now! Great job!

Jill

Sonya Sosa
    March 9, 2012 at 2:54 am

That turned out absolutely amazing. What a great kitchen makeover.

Sonya {So Simple Rooms}

sandy
    March 9, 2012 at 5:22 pm

It makes the room look so much brighter and larger! You did a GREAT job!

Sandy

Our Pinteresting Family
    March 9, 2012 at 8:58 pm

love your new kitchen! Those window treatments are gorgeous!!! Enjoy! Megan

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking
    March 10, 2012 at 6:14 am

Gorgeous transformation! I’m putting your kitchen in the PoPP Spotlight @ Domestically Speaking. Thanks for linking up.

Ellie
    March 11, 2012 at 2:26 am

That is the cutest, tiniest kitchen ever! Just adorable. I love the roman shade!

Morrisa
    March 12, 2012 at 2:40 pm

So cute!!

Chelsea @ {twotwentyone}
    March 13, 2012 at 3:51 am

Awesome job! I love everything about it! Our kitchens are twins (well, your old kitchen and my current kitchen)! Our walls are painted that exact shade of green, and we have honey oak cabinets. Redoing our kitchen (painting the walls and cabinets) is on our spring/summer project list.

Teresa
    April 3, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Great to see another tiny kitchen transformed! We had our cabinets painted and it made such a huge difference in the space. Beautiful work!

Rona Gregory
    April 3, 2012 at 11:21 pm

Looks fabulous! So spacious and bright, good job!

kgreer
    April 4, 2012 at 1:24 am

I love EVERYTHING about this redo. Wonderful job, looks absolutely fantastic. I came here from Better After because I wanted to see the rest of your photos!

Maria
    April 4, 2012 at 1:35 am

I adore this makeover! Very inspiring.

Reenie
    April 4, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Very cute!!

sarah
    April 4, 2012 at 4:13 pm

I have a question-where did you move your microwave? Our microwave is on our counter and I hate it. I noticed yours is not on the counter in the after photos.
    Thanks!

Martha
    April 4, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Love it! I’m so inspired. I’ve been waiting for just the right idea for my incredibly ugly kitchen redo, and I think this is it! I will have to figure out something for my blue laminate counter tops, but I think I can paint those as well. Thanks for helping me envision what my kitchen can be.

Lynn @ UpCountry Olio
    April 4, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Wow, talk about the little kitchen that could! Nicely done.

Missy
    April 6, 2012 at 12:36 pm

It looks amazing! What a difference! Beautiful re-do. Can i ask what the fabric is. I love it!

Missy
    April 6, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living
    April 23, 2012 at 2:03 am

It looks waaaaay better with the white! I love it. Love your dining nook curtains too … and that little clock. I’ve been eyeing one of those myself but just don’t know where I’d put it. Your kitchen turned out great!

Carolyn
    April 26, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Great job! It’s amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do. The burlap curtains are super cute. The roman shade….I LOVE that fabric!! Please, please, would you ask your friend where she bought it? It’s exactly what I’ve been looking for to do the roman shades in my basement. The print & colors are perfect!

Lindsey
    May 7, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Just stumbled across your blog via pinterest and am your newest follower! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your kitchen makeover!!! I love how you kept it so fresh and bright. Any tips on how to keep a very small kitchen from getting cluttered? Also, any reason why you did an off white/cream instead of bright white?

Thanks for the inspiration! πŸ™‚

Waseem
    May 15, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Wow such beautiful collection of shades….This definitely will contribute to the beauty of the house.
    Roman shades concord, ca

Mrs. Jones from the Circus
    May 16, 2012 at 3:23 am

I love the white cabinets. I especially love your slightly blue chairs. Perfect!!

Josh, Amber, & Miss Bailee
    May 16, 2012 at 4:45 pm

I would love to know the name of the fabric!! πŸ™‚

Candy
    June 1, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Soooo pretty. Isn’t it amazing what a little paint can do?
    Im now following you. PLease come visit me at PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com.

Jen
    June 8, 2012 at 2:03 am

Absolutely adorable kitchen! great work!

Jocie Hagan
    June 9, 2012 at 1:16 am

Beautiful transformation. Love the roman shades. I made some with a friend – easy but so time consuming for a novice (us)!

We are running a Before and After Link party to support Habitat for Humanity, with a chance to be featured on other big blogs and win gift cards. Would love if you entered! http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/2012-before-after-series/

Kelly
    September 4, 2012 at 3:05 am

The white makes such a difference. It looks fantastic. I think the ruffled curtains are my favorite part.

Kati @ Obscured Flair-
    September 4, 2012 at 1:27 pm

such a great makeover!!

Cecilia Bramhall
    November 16, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Mallory,
    It is wonderful! I do think it’s a huge improvement – love your choice of white. I really like your burlap curtains too. wow! New follower. Love your style.
    Cecilia

Kathie
    November 20, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Gosh, this is gorgeous!! That color looks amazing – it really makes your kitchen look so much bigger. Those ruffly burlap curtains are adorable! Would love it if you linked this up to my party!

Michelle Smith
    November 23, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Painted cabinets and my kitchen is given here. Know the details about it

Blinds

Debi @ Adorned From Above
    December 30, 2012 at 10:32 pm

I love what you did. Your kitchen looks great. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this with everyone. It runs from Wednesday through midnight Sunday. Here is the link to the party.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above
    Marci @ Stone Mountain Cottage

Tricia
    December 31, 2012 at 12:20 pm

I love the white! Gives it a very clean feel : o )

Gretchen
    January 22, 2013 at 4:32 am

huge transformation! I love the fabric on the window!

~KB
    January 25, 2013 at 5:40 am

Looks so much better! Brightens up the place for sure! Just something I thought of though was have you thought about putting some open floating shelves above the stove? I think it would look great!

Debbie Booth
    January 26, 2013 at 4:40 am

Wow your kitchen looks beautiful. I love it. Love your color combination. And the curtains turned out
    great. What a great job.
    Blessings,
    Debbie

Marshall and Emily
    January 26, 2013 at 5:33 am

I love the white! We just did the same with our kitchen cabinets, and it makes such a huge difference!

Daena from Bad Rabbit Vintage
    January 27, 2013 at 1:03 am

It looks fabulous! Did you do anything to the counter tops?

Beverlee Burton
    January 27, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Well done – its just lovely! I wanted to mention that – and you very well already know this – but sometimes the dishwasher panel can be removed and you will find that it is white on the other side. Thought you might be interested in that fact πŸ™‚ Thanks for sharing your kitchen’s beautiful transformation!

Beverlee Burton
    January 27, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Dave and Jayme Chenoweth
    February 4, 2013 at 11:29 pm

What color and brand did you use on your walls (upper/lower) ..I really like it!

Patti@OldThingsNew
    April 7, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Your kitchen redo is lovely. So bright and clean. I love your burlap curtains! Blessings, Patti

Niccole
    January 21, 2014 at 11:40 am

Where did you get that clock? Love it!

Louise
    June 19, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Very pretty. I love how the soft colors brighten up the space. What is the wall color?

Judy
    July 10, 2016 at 11:32 pm

You really had a talent in choosing the right color! Amazing! I love it! Very fresh and bright! Though the space is quiet small but you managed it very well. This is such an inspiration, I am thinking of repainting my cabinet in the kitchen and I wanted to be like this. Thanks.