Quick and Easy felt Valentine’s Day wreath

Are you bored of my Valentine’s posts yet? Well this is the last one I promise! ….I think so anyway ;) I love the variations of felt wreaths I’ve seen but I wanted to make mine a tad differently so hear it is!
Take some thick cardboard and draw a heart onto it then cut your heart out. I folded it in half and cut the center out as well. Then I took Krylon’s dual and spray painted it red so none of the cardboard showed through.
Then, I made a bunch of hot pink and red felt circles.
Next, I folded them in half, then in half again, snipped off the bottom and put a big dab of hot glue on it.
I alternated red and pink and made sure they weren’t all going the same direction. I didn’t really want a uniform look… Once I filled my cardboard heart… voila!

I pretty much love it on my front door with the snowy landscape! So far it has held up well to the cold temperatures and the snow. :)

Hope you are enjoying preparing for Valentine’s Day! I’m so glad my crafts are done and now I have a few weeks to enjoy them! :)
xoxo,
Check out my other Valentine’s Day posts here and here.

About Mallory & Savannah

Welcome to our blog! We’re so glad you’re here! We are Mallory and Savannah and we are the brains behind Classy Clutter, a one-stop-shop for all things creative. Classy Clutter keeps us connected from Arizona to New York. We hope you’ll enjoy our blog and come back often for inspiration, tips and tutorials. Thanks for stopping by!

14 Responses to Quick and Easy felt Valentine’s Day wreath

1. Lori E says:

I have never actually decorated for Valentine’s Day. This wreath is a great project and one that kids could do too.

2. hannah says:

this is super cute, and beautiful against the snow! I’ve been pretty obsessed with felt flowers lately, (thank you, Pinterest!) so this is great!

3. {Steph} says:

This is lovely & I love the warm feeling of the felt! It adds a nice pop of colour to your front door. :) Very Pretty!

~Steph @ Silver Boxes

4. Lindsi B says:

I found you on Tip Junkie. Would you please share this with my readers for our Fun Stuff Fridays Valentine’s Linky Party? I think it would be a great fit. http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/02/14-days-of-valentines-fun-stuff-fridays.html

5. Brave Brooke says:

That is awesome! It’s awesome that you didn’t have to use a premade form! I love saving money!

We would love to have you link up this project at our blog for our Wayward Weekend! http://www.waywardgirlscrafts.com/2012/02/wayward-weekend-week-3.html

6. twelveOeight says:

I love this super cute project!! Please come on over and join the Pretty Things party!!!

xoxo, Tanya
    twelveOeight

7. s.K says:

I love working with felt, this is an adorable idea! Stopping by from the Tatertots & Jello link party.

8. I would love to make this…could you tell me how big you made your circles? And how big you cut your cardboard hear?

Thanks!

9. Renee says:

Cute wreath! Do you remember about how much felt you used? Yardage or sheets?

10. Rachel says:

I LOVE this! So simple, yet classy.

11. Sherion Maughan says:

This is darling! I would also like to know how much felt you used. Did you cut out the circles with scissors or a circle punch?
    Thanks!