My Valentine’s Mantel and Valentine’s Decor Ideas

Hi friends! Hope you had a fabulous weekend! I sure did!  I wanted to show you all my progress on my valentine’s decor! I posted a picture of this on my Instagram and couldn’t believe the sweet comments! Just about everything on the shelf was a DIY craft project.

I took a 2′x2′ piece of plywood from the basement and gave it a good coat of white paint. Then I traced the chevron pattern on the wood and hand painted the pink stripes. My sweet hubby helped me paint the stripes so it went pretty quickly; then, I just hung my thrift store wreath right up there.

I made these Valentine’s topiary trees using party streamers! You can see that post here.

Sorry the photo is a bit fuzzy :(

Our spring banner and Savannah’s Valentine’s banner (which she’ll show you later!) were my inspiration for my “Be Mine” banner. I’m not gonna lie, I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

I used my great grandmother’s pair of her broken vintage earrings on each end of the banner giving it some sentimental value.

I combined all of my favorite fabrics and trims to come up with a feminine and unique banner! You can’t go wrong combining chevron, burlap, lace, ruffles, glitter, rhinestones, pearls, yarn, webbing and doilies! Seriously all of my favorite things!

I made the glittered letters from cardstock on my Silhouette and used modpodge and glitter to bling them out! Super cute, easy and cheap!

The owl was from Marshall’s (a gift from my sweet friend, Kate!) and the glittery heart was from Michael’s using a coupon.

Now we just need to get Hobby Lobby on board with the iphone app business. :)

There you have it! Is your valentine’s decor up yet?? I LOOOOOVE this holiday! What’s not to love!?

Click here or here for more valentine’s decor ideas.

So the questions is… do YOU like it? Let’s hear it!

xoxo,

About Mallory & Savannah

Welcome to our blog! We’re so glad you’re here! We are Mallory and Savannah and we are the brains behind Classy Clutter, a one-stop-shop for all things creative. Classy Clutter keeps us connected from Arizona to New York. We hope you’ll enjoy our blog and come back often for inspiration, tips and tutorials. Thanks for stopping by!

39 Responses to My Valentine’s Mantel and Valentine’s Decor Ideas

1. Allyson says:

What sweet ideas! I am still 100% on the chevron bandwagon. Thanks for sharing!

Allyson

2. Lyndsey says:

I love the chevron board.. I am headed down to my garage to check and see if I have a board that I can use to copy your idea :) LOVE IT!!! The banner is adorable too!!

3. Karen says:

I love all of it! That banner is adorable:) Love all the colors and embellishments!!

4. Jenn Lifford says:

So pretty! I love the chevron back drop – so sweet that your hubby helped you paint it. Mine is very supportive of what I do as long as he doesn’t have to do anything! :)

5. Love it!!! So festive but not over the top!!

6. Darling!! Stopping by from SNS- would love for you to come share at Feathered Nest Friday sometime too!

7. Absolutely adorable! Would you be willing to link this up to my Valentine Link Party going on now? I’d love to have you! Thanks, Michelle http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/01/rockin-valentine-valentine-link-party.html

8. Debbie Booth says:

Love the mantel and how you put it together. It turned out great. First time to your
    blog and I”m your newest follower. Love your blog. It is wonderful.
    Blessings,
    Debbie

9. Found you on TipJunkie. I love it! Will have to follow your topiary tutorial.:)

10. Andrea says:

I am so in love with the fact that you added your gmas earrings to the banner! What a clever idea! It really turned out VERY nice! {I have an owl on my mantel that is almost identical to yours!} First time to your blog and I am in LOVE!!
    XOXO
    Andrea @QueenBandme.blogspot.com

11. Sarah says:

Cute, cute, cute! I really love the chevron print canvas in the background, it really sets the mood. :)

12. I LOVE it! Great job on the shelf and I love, love that little owl and that adorable banner. I love the chevron print in the background too… okay, I pretty much love it all! I found you girls on TT&J’s link party and I’m your newest follower. I’d love for you to stop by my blog and follow me back if you’d like.
    Have a great weekend!
    xo,
    Laurie @ Gallamore West :)

13. Erica says:

I LOVE the topiaries!. SO cute. I am going to have to steal that idea ;)

14. Beautiful! I love it. I hope you will link this up to my I Heart Projects Party if you haven’t already.

15. Adorable! New follower from wovenhome.blogspot.com!
    Kandi

16. Julie says:

Love the combo of burlap/upholstery webbing with the glitter elements! Hobby Lobby does accept the smartphone coupons now. Just got a 40% off last time I was there! Thanks for all the great ideas. Saw you on Funky Junk Interiors website. Julie

17. kelsey bang says:

your mantel is so dang cute! LOVE IT! I really like all the fun matching cheverons you did

18. kelsey bang says:

ahaha so I just commented, and then looked around on your blog a bit and saw who ‘Savannah is! haha oh hey! Its kelsey bang! I didnt know you had an awesome blog! I am now following it!

19. This entire display is gorgeous! Thanks so much for linking up to my Saturday 7 Party this week!

20. Wow! Adorable valentine decor! I love your style! Would you be willing to link this up to my Valentine Link Party going on now? I’d love to have you! Thanks, Michelle http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/01/rockin-valentine-valentine-link-party.html

21. Thats the cutest mantel ever! Love the chevron stripes! I hope you will link up with me here:

22. your mantel is super creative and beautiful!!! first time visiting :)

23. Oh! This is so cute! Those topiaries are amazing too! I would love for you to come link up at my party going on till Monday night:)

Kim (Newest Linky Follower)

24. jack ball says:

I guess this info is totally unique.
    Valentine Day

25. mike tyson says:

I’m flattened for your blogs writings and blogs as well.
    bad credit short term loans

26. Ian bell says:

This blog is truly awesome in all aspects.
    bad credit short term loans

27. Ian bell says:

I’m flattened for your blogs writings and blogs as well.

28. So cute! I would love if you would share on Fall Into the Holidays, open through Thursday-

Katie @ Horrific Knits

29. Brooke says:

This makes me so excited for Valentine’s Day! So much fun! Thanks for sharing!

30. Gorgeous! I’d love for you to link this post up to my weekly link party. Hope to see you there! http://thelifeofjenniferdawn.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-little-bird-told-me-link-party-23.html

31. Very cute! You’ve inspired me to get going on my Valentines decorating!

32. Ginger says:

Featuring YOU today! Thanks for linking up to {wow me} wednesday! Happy New Year. :)

Ginger @ GingerSnapCrafts.com

33. Tami says:

So cute! Love the burlap in the bunting!

34. Jo-Ann says:

Your mantle looks great. Thank you for sharing.

35. Gorgeous! I love the layered trim on the banner! :)