Black and Yellow Master Bedroom Makeover

full room after

Yep. I already re-did my master bedroom from when you saw it on my Anthropologie inspired quilt tutorial. Like most DIYers, it’s nearly impossible for me to choose just one thing I love. Color schemes, themes, my overall “style”. It’s always changing. I’m never gonna have an absolute favorite anything when it comes to decorating. I just canNOT decide! It’s impossible really.

As you can probably guess from my mustard yellow nightstand post, I LOVE mustard yellow and as much as I fight it, I LOVE black and white together. It’s just so classic! I keep telling myself I’m over it, but that’s a lie. I’m not. Probably never will be.
Headboard makeoverΒ here.

The overall inspiration came from a couple of bedrooms on my pinterest board but Brooke’s from All Things Thrifty in particular. I just LOVE her room! Gooooorgeousss people! I love her fabric headboard but I’m in love with my carved ornate one that I scored for $9.95 so I was determined to make it work.

Remember when it looked like this?
yep… didn’t even vacuum my floors. Sorry folks, just keepin it real. lol!
Mustard yellow nightstand makeover here.
Thank you Brooke from All Things Thrifty for the inspiration!

Chandelier was a birthday gift from Savannah two years ago πŸ™‚ Love u Savy!

My CARDBOARD, yes cardboard, starburst mirror!!! I got the tutorial here! It cost me $4 to make it and I’m in love! I made it out of cereal boxes!
These curtains took me under an hour to make and only cost me $4 in fabric! I had the white so I just bought 2 yards of black. SO easy and SO fun! I’m loving wide stripped curtains right now! If anyone wants a tutorial, let me know. It’s super dee duper easy people!

I made all of these pillows. and I love them lots! I want some more!

So, this was a Glidden color match but I’m 90% sure that I used Behr’s Amazon Stone. If not, it is insanely close πŸ™‚ Β I’m a renter so I’ll have to paint this accent wall back when we move out. That’s the beauty of painting one wall. It only took me an hour and I may or may not have done the whole thing with a trim roller – bah!
Super Cute Black and Yellow Bedroom Makeover | www.classyclutter.net
So what do you think my friends?!? Do you like the new look??

Jenny @ Simcoe Street
    October 4, 2011 at 3:08 am

Wow!!! This looks incredible — so sophisticated yet fresh and fun. Great job!

Angela@the crazyness that is me
    October 4, 2011 at 3:11 am

Oh my this looks amazing! Your pillow are incredible! INCREDIBLE!!! Thanks for your inspiration! I am a sucker to for black and white but I love duck egg blue as my contrast!

Comeca Jones
    October 4, 2011 at 4:01 am

I love the yellow night stand.

Britney Jean
    October 4, 2011 at 4:29 am

I’m obsessed. I want the curtains. And the nightstand. And the pillows. And the headboard. Okay, basically I want the whole room. I’m pinning your room right….NOW! πŸ™‚

So...Look What I Made
    October 4, 2011 at 2:23 pm

I love your room, it looks so nice and calm and the colors are just great! Where did you get the yellow cover at the end of your bed?

October 8, 2011 at 4:09 am

I have to say I clicked on your tab on the Tatertots and Jello Weekend Wrap Up because of that mirror. I’m amazed it’s made out of cereal boxes. I’ve seen the tutorials before, but you definitley tricked me. Amazing job, and your room looks gorgeous. Thanks for the good ideas.

October 9, 2011 at 3:09 am

I love it! Such a different style than before! The pillows are awesome and I adore that night stand!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming
    October 10, 2011 at 5:48 am

Mallory – Your room looks simply fabulous! Loving the colors you used. Thanks so much for including the link to the mirror – yours looks gorgeous!

Have a wonderful week! Stephanie Lynn

October 10, 2011 at 5:14 pm

I would LOVE a tutorial on the curtains. I have been on the hunt for large white and navy stripes for my family room. If I can make them as cheap and awesome as you did I would be the happiest girl ever! πŸ™‚

Courtney McAulay
    October 21, 2011 at 1:48 am

This is totally awesome! I just love it! I would love if you would come link this up at the Thursday Crazy Cute link party today!

Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops}
    October 21, 2011 at 5:49 am

I am in COMPLETE love and so jealous of your headboard! AMAZING! Love the new colors:)

October 22, 2011 at 1:22 am

Your room is looking lovely! The headboard is to die for…absolutely to die for. Oh, and I love all the pillows. Total cuteness!

October 22, 2011 at 2:04 am

W-O-W. This is really fantastic!! LOVE that yellow nightstand! And the curtains…and the patterns and details on the pillows…and the chandelier! Lookin’ good : )
    Jaimee @ craft-interrupted.blogspot.com

patti west
    October 22, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Not sure what I love most about your bedroom…the pillows make me want to run to my sewing machine! the headboard is dreamy…the mustard yellow nightstand – love!!! that chandy is all kinds of awesome too. Glad to have found your blog!! πŸ™‚

Latoya @ The Scott's Crib
    October 29, 2011 at 2:48 pm

I love the yellow in the room…you gals do cute work:)

November 5, 2011 at 3:23 am

Darling – love your new room & all the tutorials!

December 31, 2011 at 2:17 pm

I adore your room. I’d die to have this bedroom:) Thanks for sharing! I am your newest follower and I think your blog is cute. I would appreciate it if you came to my blog and followed me too! http://milliemorganmedia.blogspot.com

Ellise @ Charles Whyte
    January 7, 2012 at 7:32 am

You’re a girl after my own heart! I adore both yellow and black and white. Your rooms looks amazing πŸ™‚

Jena @ Involving Color
    January 10, 2012 at 1:50 am

Your master bedroom is beautiful! I am the same way – I am always changing up my rooms. I would love to add this to my paint color galleries and include you in a feature post. You wouldn’t have to do anything, just let me know if you’re interested!

January 31, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Love the colors you used and the way you incorporated them into the room.

February 5, 2012 at 2:14 am

Coming over from I heart Naptime…I just commented on your chandelier-which is awesome and now I just have to write again, cause I love the yellow too πŸ™‚

New follower as well πŸ˜€

February 19, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Love the pillow with the doily! Great idea! This room turned out great!

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista
    February 19, 2012 at 2:25 pm

I love the mix of pillows on your bed! Something about yellow in the bedroom is just so upbeat and sunny.

Michaela @ coveredinmodpodge.blogspot.com
    February 21, 2012 at 2:15 am

I really love the pillows! The whole room is great! Its great inspiration for my in progress master bedroom re-do!

Amanda @ Ninth Street Notions
    February 25, 2012 at 8:36 pm

I love mustard yellow myself. This is gorgeous!

May 15, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Great job! I trying to get up the nerve to paint my nightstands. I looove the curtains! Can you please do a tutorial for me:)Thanks!

-Kelsey Coghill
    July 1, 2012 at 9:16 pm

This room looks amazing!! love it both ways!!

September 8, 2012 at 3:03 pm

I love the dark gray wall color and all your beautiful accent pillows. Lovely room!

Meredith @ Wait Til Your Father Gets Home
    September 8, 2012 at 8:51 pm

I love all the colors and patterns you chose! Thanks for linking up with us @ Keep Calm & Link Up! Can’t wait to see what you link up next week :o)

Angie Granata
    September 16, 2012 at 12:39 am

I really love all the colours that you incorporated into your bedroom.
    Really nice. I also did a bedroom makeover. Take a look diyitnow.blogspot.com

Stacy Risenmay
    September 22, 2012 at 4:31 am

I am dying over that headboard and your yellow chair! The whole thing is awesome. I do however, also covet your blanket on the end of the bed in your before picture…. off to pin!

Chessa @ Antsi-Pants
    September 29, 2012 at 2:46 am

Beautiful! Nice job! I love all the details. And I totally have to check out your tutorial for the sunburst mirror!

Chelsea @ Making Home Base
    October 7, 2012 at 6:03 am

ummm… this room could not be more fabulous!! I too am obsessed with mustard yellow. I absolutely LOVE the pillows – in particular I’m loving the mustard yellow with the doile (is it a doile?). Beautiful, truly beautiful!

October 8, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I love black, white and yellow together!

October 20, 2012 at 2:38 am

Cute colors, I have a mirror almost identical (but its made of metal, I like that yours is made of cereal boxes – it doesn’t look like it!) STephanie

May 31, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Love the room! I have similar corner windows and can’t figure out how to do curtain rods. Do you have a corner piece/bracket? or did you hang two separate curtain rods? Do you have finials in the corner? I can’t really tell from your pictures – but I would love to know how you handled the skinny corner windows. Thanks!

June 3, 2014 at 8:53 am

This room is gorgeous and I would love to know how you did the curtains! My biggest question however is if they are washable?? I have been dying to paint me some striped curtains but am afraid to and then not be able to clean them, or have them be super stiff and crunchy! Any tips are appreciated!! Thanks!

June 3, 2014 at 5:13 pm

Hi Pamela!

YES! They’re washable. I made them by sewing strips of white and black cotton sheets together to create the stripe look!