Navy China Cabinet Hutch

Here she is! Savannah’s Navy Blue China Cabinet Makeover! When she moved into her house, she was dying to find a fancy hutch to go in this space in her kitchen. After LOTS of searching, she found it! This one is definitely to die for!! She found it at a local shop and the boring wood veneer did not do justice to these details on this piece! We needed to spruce it up in a big way! I LOVE the Navy Blue Color she chose with the gold accents! The navy matches her dining room chairs! (That post coming soon!) Her chairs are recovered in navy and cream polka dots for cryin’ out loud! You will LOVE them I’m sure!
Here’s what we started with!
Yeah… that’s a big hunk of nasty smelling, awful, green candle wax. “That’s real.” :)
THEN…….. lots of paint, sweat and (a kazillion mosquito bites…I’m pretty sure we we’re one mosquito bite short of getting West Nile virus!) later! Here she is!
 Is that gorgeous or what!?!?
LOVE!
and one more time just for fun!
(See that crystal sconce in her hallway hiding back there! Are we serious with how cute it is!?! and she has 2 of them!! BEAUTY-FUL!) I LOVE IT!
Didn’t she do a FANTASTIC JOB!!!????
Leave a comment and show some love to Sav!

Linking up to these fantastic parties:
Photobucket

About Mallory & Savannah

Welcome to our blog! We’re so glad you’re here! We are Mallory and Savannah and we are the brains behind Classy Clutter, a one-stop-shop for all things creative. Classy Clutter keeps us connected from Arizona to New York. We hope you’ll enjoy our blog and come back often for inspiration, tips and tutorials. Thanks for stopping by!

24 Responses to Navy China Cabinet Hutch

1. Gah! This is amazing! I must run out and find myself a treasure like that to paint:)

2. Carol says:

Beautiful!

Carol
    antiquetexan.blogspot.com

3. Love it! I want one of these SO bad, you girls did a great job!

p.s. I’ll have the owner contact you to claim your prize! Congrats! :)

4. Mimi says:

Great color, it looks fabulous!

5. Shelia says:

Oh, my Lord! It’s beautiful! I love it!
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

6. Sue says:

I love it; what a beauty!!!

S
    xo

7. Stunning! I would never have thought of navy blue, but I absolutely love it. :)

8. Chrissie says:

I love this piece. I would have never thought of the color, but it looks amazing. I am happy to be following your blog now.

9. This would look perfect in my Mom’s blue and yellow kitchen. The hutch went from ho hum to gorgeous! Great job in chosing the paint color.

10. Marguerite says:

This is sooooo fine, wish she were mine!
    Would love to know what paint (brand and color) you used. It is gorgeous.

11. WOW! it turned out so awesome!! love it :)

12. Tabbysmom says:

I’m thinking of painting my kitchen cabinets a blue like this.Can you get the name and manufacturer for us? She did a GREAT job!

13. Shannon says:

Love the blue! That must have taken hours. You did a great job and the gold detail really brings the gorgeous detail alive.

14. Tara Lauren says:

Did you use spray paint or regular paint?!?!? I LOVE it!

15. Jess says:

this makes me want a navy hutch. too bad i have no where to put one :(

16. Beautiful color. Really makes the white dishes pop.

17. OmiGOSH, it’s SOOOO beautiful!! Your investment of time was SO worth it!

18. Jenn says:

I love that color!! It’s nice to see other colors other than black and white!

19. i am having a love affair with navy right now, so undoubtedly, i love this. :) glamorous!

20. Pingback: Colorful Furniture Makeovers

21. Tracy says:

Will you please explain how you applied the gold accents?

Thanks!

• Hi Tracy,

We used a product called “Rub ‘n Buff”. It is available at craft stores in many colors. Use the gold and you just need a tiny bit. It goes a long way! Good luck and thanks for reading our blog!

hugs,