Sassy Pink and Gold Dresser

I have one SASSY little girl! Her name is Leesie and she will be two in October. She keeps us on our toes. A few months ago, I came across these nightstands and a matching dresser, it was love at first sight! I love the detail in the drawers.
Here is a sneak peek at her bedding! I was so excited when my sister emailed me a link to this bedding! It was on clearance at Kids Company, only problem was convincing my husband to let me buy it. My daughter was only 4 months old and we had just finished her nursery and her crib bedding was not cheap by any means, I got it from Little Griffie and it was pricey. So convincing my hubby to let me buy bedding for her “big” girl room was tough, but I talked him into it.  I used the bedding as inspiration.
I painted the dresser HOT PINK! I loved how they turned out. They were sassy and fun. Then….
when we moved into our house and I thought the nightstands were lacking something….
So I added some gorgeous gold to the details of the drawers! To say I am loving them is an understatement. I am OBSESSED! The gold just put the nightstands over the top, it brings out all of the amazing details.

Stay tuned for her complete room Before and Afters.
Enjoy!

gena
    September 6, 2010 at 9:12 pm

WOWZERS ! I LOVE this… it looks amazing !

Thanks for sharing,
    gena

The Inspired Nest
    September 6, 2010 at 11:57 pm

I love the pink! The gold really helps the details pop! But I think the knobs really add the most to the pink! Perfect choice! I can’t wait to see what you have next!

Kansas Amy
    September 7, 2010 at 1:46 am

Just beautiful! I wish I had girls! No hot pink here.. 🙁

Taija
    September 7, 2010 at 3:10 pm

That is ADORABLE! Love it!

Lori @ Projects Plenty
    September 8, 2010 at 5:05 pm

Love the hot pink… and you are right, the gold highlighting put it over the top! Can’t wait to see the room.

Ann
    September 9, 2010 at 12:11 am

Crazy bout this!!! Awesome color!

Kim @ Second Time Furniture
    October 8, 2010 at 5:14 am

I’m on my way to get some hot pink paint – to die for!

oops!
    October 8, 2010 at 4:36 am

How come I lOVE everything you do. . .

Mike
    October 8, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Fabulous…love the hot pink!

Sue@Uniquely Chic
    October 8, 2010 at 12:10 pm

The comment above me was actually from me. My son was apparently logged on to blogger without me realizing it until I posted the above and his name came up. Will be a funny story to tell him when he gets home…how HE was commenting on pretty pink furniture.

Sarah @ Hennessey House
    October 8, 2010 at 2:39 pm

that is PERFECT for a little lady with some sass 😉 i love them!

Midwest Cottage
    October 8, 2010 at 2:39 pm

THIS TURNED OUT BEAUTIFUL!!

katie
    October 8, 2010 at 9:26 pm

my husband had that exact same nightstand in our first apartment. it was in not-very-good shape, and very unattractive. (but nothing in that bedroom matched, so it didn’t matter). it’s much better suited for a little girl’s room–well done!

jen @ {decor junkie}
    November 2, 2010 at 7:34 am

Oh. My. Gosh. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I seriously wish I had this exact set for my daughter’s room! What an awesome find! I love the bright pink color, and the whimsy…oh, I just love it all! Great job! p.s. This is my first time to your blog, but I will definitely be back! love it!

nickys nook
    November 2, 2010 at 8:27 pm

i love the color the detail work on the dresser really makes it pop- u did a great job

Erin
    November 5, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Gorgeous!!! I love all the detail and I think the pink just made it all POP!!

And I love the bedding! My daughter just asked to have her room redone to leapord print! We are very much animal print gals! 😉

Megan
    November 11, 2010 at 1:15 am

oh, you’ve captured my heart! I love the detail and the color! You did a great job with the gold accents, so beautiful!

Tiffany
    April 4, 2011 at 1:39 am

My word! how crazy is that? Same dresser, same pink. I love the gold. It turned out great. I also love the buffet you did. I can’t wait to look around some more.

Clisty
    April 8, 2011 at 4:34 am

So cute!! I love them!! I’ve seen funky dressers/night stands like that before, but never the potential. I can’t wait to find more like that and copy your beautiful idea! Perfect for a Sassy little girl!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper
    April 13, 2011 at 4:39 pm

those are so fun!

Katie
    April 14, 2011 at 1:30 am

So cute!! I love hot pink but have never seen it with gold! I love the look it gave it!!

Comeca Jones
    May 1, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Fantastic!

Janet
    May 17, 2011 at 6:49 am

LOVE THIS!! 🙂

Julianne
    May 17, 2011 at 5:55 pm

Those look amazing! Is it bad I’m 24 and I want a pink bedroom set? :p

Visiting from the Spray Paint Party! I’d love for you to check out my project!

repurposedlifedesigns.blogspot.com

Joely
    May 17, 2011 at 7:11 pm

OH MY! I just redid a dresser and its the exact same design as yours!! Crazy!! I did mine in bright yellow with black glaze! Check it out… http://www.myprojectsanity.blogspot.com

Splendiferous Girls
    June 2, 2011 at 11:48 am

Love it..I am doing the same thing with an buffet table that is going to be a desk for my daughters room..I am painting it the same color pink..Love it..

Jess
    June 22, 2011 at 6:53 pm

i love that you glazed with a metallic. Im redoing my bedroom set with a silver glaze and its awesome!

PitterAndGlink
    August 27, 2011 at 3:01 am

LOVE this!!!!

Jessica
    October 24, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Love the color, so much fun! I bought a desk with that same detail on the drawers and it turned out beautifully with a little work and some paint. Check it out….http://twentysixandhome.blogspot.com/2011/09/25-ugly-desk.html

I would love to find the night stands or dresser to match. Love your results!

Mellodee
    January 2, 2012 at 5:57 am

Just before Thanksgiving my hubs and I repainted a thrifted dresser we bought that was in major need of work. The thrifted piece was painted (badly) a bright hot pink with gold highlights on the dresser’s detail and shiny bright brass knobs. We painted it a warm white with Annie Sloan Chalk paint and the light wax and now has pewter knobs. We sanded the top and put a natural medium wood stain and it turned out beautifully.

I’m sorry, but I couldn’t help but laugh when I saw your post. Your “after” was our “before”!!
    (though your’s is 1000 times better!)

When your daughter gets tired of hot pink, I know just what you can do next! LOL!!

Abbie
    January 3, 2012 at 4:46 am

This turned out absolutely fantastic!

Love the vibrant colors!

Well done!

~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

Catrin
    January 3, 2012 at 9:30 am

This comment has been removed by the author.

Catrin
    January 3, 2012 at 9:38 am

Thumby up… I love this dresser and the colors are amazing.
    Found you through TipJunkie’s Linkie-Party
    Greetings from Germany
    Catrin

Alida - Radcrafter
    January 6, 2012 at 1:30 am

My daughter would love this! It looks like a completely different piece of furniture – beautiful work.

I’d love to invite you to share this on Thingamajig Thursday going on now…http://radcrafter.com/2012/01/thingamajig-thursday-party-9/

Alida

gillis95
    February 15, 2013 at 4:41 am

OMG I bought these same nightstands at a sale! I fell in love with the design. I added some bun feet which totally changed the way they looked right there but I’ve been waiting to paint them. It’s for an elegant grown up bedroom. Chocolate brown quilted headboard, grey bedding and curtains, crystal lamps.

Can’t decide on a color but I love the metallic trimming you did to highlight the design!

gillis95
    February 15, 2013 at 4:45 am

This comment has been removed by the author.

Jenny
    August 1, 2013 at 1:55 am

Hi there, I’m not particularly crafty and have never painted a dresser. I’m wondering how you applied the gold paint and what kind of paint you used? Did you put some kind of glaze over it before or after you did the gold?
    Thanks so much!! I love what you did with this dresser.

August 1, 2013 at 12:59 pm

HI Jenny!

We used a product called “Rub ‘n Buff” from any craft store. It’s a tiny tube but goes a really long way! You just need a tiny bit at a time. I think Michael’s carries it. We simply rubbed it on with our fingers and buffed it wth a paper towel. We did not use a glaze over it.

Good luck with your project!!!

Kochi to munnar taxi
    May 26, 2016 at 10:59 pm

The clarity for your composing is simply polite and i could expect if you’re an expert on this place of interest. Well collectively with your authorization i want to grab your feed to be upgraded with up and coming post. You can easily take this munnar call up taxi for any excursions and travels program of your family. They will be providing secured and secure cabs.

list of emoticons
    June 15, 2016 at 12:57 am

Thank you very much! Your blog is always full of great idea. They are really helpful

hotmail login
    September 21, 2016 at 2:39 am

Thank you for another essential article.

Google Maps Street View
    September 21, 2016 at 3:08 am

I really like the dear information you offer in your articles. I’m able to bookmark your site and show the kids check out up here generally. Im fairly positive theyre likely to be informed a great deal of new stuff here than anyone

outlook 365 login
    October 2, 2016 at 6:33 pm

Great combination!! Thanks for your kind words article!

Lifting Services
    October 17, 2016 at 4:08 am

Thanks as soon as once more for sharing this great stuff.

Top Real Estate Management Companies
    October 19, 2016 at 1:56 am

this article is very good and its gives you lots of knowledge.
    Top Real Estate Management Companies recently posted…Hello world!My Profile

office 365 login
    October 24, 2016 at 10:49 pm

Thanks for sharing! Nice post.

Vmware Coupon codes
    November 22, 2016 at 4:41 am

Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don’t really provide anything that I’m interested in, but I’m most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.
    Vmware Coupon codes recently posted…Upto 33% Off VMware Fusion 8 and Fusion ProMy Profile