Asian Persuasion! (or some other clever title!)

I bought this serving tray at Goodwill for a buck or two!
I gave it a coat of Krylon Blue Ocean Breeze and watered down some brown acrylic paint I had lying around and used it to tone down the blue. Then I used Modge Podge to add some scrapbook paper to the inside. I used some vintage postcard papers. I love how it turned out!
Don’t you just love Krylon’s Blue Ocean Breeze?!!

What have you painted with it?? Or what do you WANT to paint with it? It’s sooo fun and all the rage these days!

I’m linking up to…

All Thingz Related

Visit thecsiproject.com

Let's be besties!

Yay!!_250px

Heeey friend! Subscribe to join our tribe! We'll make sure you're up to date on all things Home and DIY!

xo, Mallory & Savannah

Powered by ConvertKit

Mrs. Schulman
    September 1, 2010 at 1:07 am

Hey Mallory!!

I’m so glad I found your blog! I have been following for a few weeks and was so excited for you when you were featured on Better After… One of my favorites!! Love love love your Mod Podge project! The CSI project is having a Mod Podge challenge… you should link it up there too!

Danielle

Entertaining Women
    September 2, 2010 at 6:22 am

Now this inspires me to pull out my Mod Podge. I haven’t used it in ages. Thanks for sharing your charming project. Great job! Cherry Kay

Eileen
    September 2, 2010 at 2:16 pm

I love the look with the vintage postcard paper. I haven’t tried that Krylon blue yet but it looks like it would be fun to work with.thanks for the tip.

Holly @ Roller Coaster Life
    September 4, 2010 at 3:27 am

coming over from CSI project! this turned out great! I had never see that color before! I use rustoleum spray paint but apparently I should check out Krylon too!

Cindy
    September 11, 2010 at 10:35 pm

This is all kinds of gorgeous….all kinds. I love that krylon color as well, used it on a couple kitchen chairs, but still need to put some darker stain over it to tone it down as you did.

Visiting from SNS 🙂 Would love to have you join my blue and brown linky party on the 22nd. The more the merrier….

alice
    September 12, 2010 at 3:08 am

That is darling! Love how the piece turned out! Great job!!!
    smiles, alice

Sara
    October 11, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Would LOVE it if you would link this up at my turquoise lovin’ party too!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/10/turquoise-lovin-8.html

aol mail login
    September 17, 2016 at 2:27 am

Thanks for sharing. I hope it will be helpful for too many people that are searching for this topic.